Saturday, December 15, 2007

Montreux pix

Hi, all,

I can't pass up the opportunity to post some pictures from our Montreux trip a week ago. More can be found on dropshots.




B is sleeping under the covers...

K, J, and E with J's kids in tow - turns out we weren't going to get much Christmas shopping done because of them and B...


Montreux Noel Central: the woman is holding her ears for a good reason - the Swiss bell clangers were storming by - dropshots has a video...

Couple shots of a waterfront park commemorating some jazz greats...





Still, the scenery beats all, doesn't it?
-PKBD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly Cow!!! What amazing pictures. Have not checked out the dropshots yet but I will. I would have to say the bronze statues have to go! The scenery is way too sophisticated for cheap, gaudy, ugly statues of dead people. If they like jazz, go to a concert! Leave the mountain lake alone.

Laila has been doing some very kind things for me lately. I had my birthday as you know, but had to work right through it. I worked everyday since Thanksgiving. Today was my first real break, and I have spent some of it sleeping. Today we graduated from the Financial peace class that we have been taking. That class has been the best, and I need to have you see a few courses when you get back into town. I can't wait to share some of the good stuff with you.

I know that you are probably itching to get back to Minnesota and all, but don't worry, you really have not been missing out on much. Life has just been crawling along and there have not been many exciting things going on. All we are doing here is watching snowdrifts grow. All of your adventure is over there in France and Switzerland. Have fun. Enjoy it. You will be back in Minnesota before you know it.

Laila and I will keep the home fires burning for you.

In His Draft,
Rob, Laila, Anja, and ???

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil and Kathy,

The dropshots stuff is great. I downloaded video on Saturday night and stayed up way too late see some of the footage you'all posted. It is good stuff, but when I was loading it, the videos only would load half way and then stop. I loaded what I could and then played it. I saw what your possible apartment would look like too.

Laila will be playing saxophone for the first time in years at our church for some of the Christmas services. She played saxophone a long time ago, as well as the clarinet, and she did well then. Laila really has not played more than the guitar since she married me. But now she is breaking out the wild stuff and she is going to rock the house for our Lord at the Christmas service. Laila is a lot more musical than I thought.

Christmas will actually be held at our place this year. We are thrilled. We will not have to drive all over creation visiting relatives in the Madison area. My mom is coming up on the 26th. Laila's parents and Kristin are coming for Christmas Eve. We also have a friend from Church who will be joining us. That is bitter-sweet in a way because she lost her mom this summer. This will be the first Christmas with out her. Our friend said she can not bear to be with family this year at Christmas because it would be such a reminder of the loss this year. Give us a call when the jet lag wears off and we can get together. I have not heard much from Daver lately...

Well, I must head off to bed. Anja is asleep and we have to take advantage of the quiet. She really likes to be held alot. Anja will scream bloody murder if she is left alone in the crib. Anja is also getting better at crawling. She is able to help herself to stand up too. She needs to grab onto things to help her get up on her feet. She can stand for almost a minute before she plunks down on her fanny.

Well, now I really must go to bed. It is getting late. See you soon.

In His Draft,
Rob, Laila, Anja, and ????