Well it's been a while since we've blogged about B's antics. From K's Oct. 7th email:
I knew it was a matter of time.
This morning, B pulled to a stand next to the coffee table. First time I'd ever seen him do that. He has pulled to a stand next to the couch and our bed - yesterday, quite a bit. Then, when I put him in his crib for his nap this afternoon, he surprised me by pulling to a stand in the crib before my eyes. We both looked at each other and yelled. Probably for different reasons. Then he started laughing so fast, he plopped back on his behind. Then he pulled up to a stand again, and plopped down and laughed.
I left him in there for a time, then I heard more yelling. I went back to find two books had somehow joined him in bed and...an entire box of Kleenex had been pulled one-by-one and emptied into the crib too. B was standing by the railing as if to say, "Get me out of here!" Or perhaps, "I didn't do it!" Yeah, right. I guess I can no longer keep his books and Kleenex next to his crib now that he can stand and reach them over the top.
I'm starting to look around the apartment with a sense of nostalgia. Already, it has taken a turn from the "modern" look advertised by the landlord. We pushed the faux glass coffee table in front of the TV to keep B from licking it. A large cardboard box has taken residence in our midst as a new "tunnel" for B to crawl through. Soon, I imagine, all the shelves and regions within reach of a standing toddler will have to be stripped of their belongings. We'll have to find a way to make the windows safer when they're open since we have no screens and B could poke his head out now that he's pulling to a stand.
He now opens cupboards in the kitchen that had previously been a mystery to him. The other day, I caught him before he flung the glass coffee carafe across the room. A large crock pot was his next target.
He yelled for the sheer delight of being upright.
I yelled because it made me up-tight.
No more to wander near the ground
He takes to standing - it's his town!
And all within his grasp, a toy -
Something to fling, a new-found joy.
And I must give up tidiness
An even trade for his growing-up-ness.
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
Speaking of tossing, B routinely tosses the movies around...
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
B's Therapist is trying to teach him the opposite of throwing...
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
Looks like a losing battle, but I think time is on our side; he will eventually learn, and we have been pleased with his steady progress.
Check out B making good use of one of his birthday gifts...
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books
Take care,
-PKBD
No comments:
Post a Comment