Good news: What fabulous weather we're having over here! The whole week was exactly what they had been forecasting back in December without success: sunny, clear skies, mid-forties. In January, no less. Those low-lying clouds (sometimes referred to as "fog") must have cleared up in our absence... Anyway! I decided to bike in to and from work the day after we landed. Here's a picture of the Alps and Mont Blanc from the bike path. Meyrin is in the foreground.
Bad news: Bad idea! I got chilled and came down with the flu. K did too. Chills, fever, aches and pains, hoarse throat, feeling run down, no more biking! K says she hasn't been this sick since she was a kid.
Good news: B has managed to steer clear of it, so far. Last December it was K and B, I got a pass. Then after we landed in the U.S., it was B and I, K got a pass. Now there's one combination left, but we won't go there...
Good news: They found our bag! The night before, we both had dreams about our bag having been found. K thought we should call United, so she did. We found out it was in Chicago - except that it must have already been in transport from there because a scant four hours later it showed up at our door - and it did have our nametag on it!
Bad news: K still can't find her slippers...
Good news: We arranged to meet with our future landlord, the string theorist, on Thursday, to go over final details.
Bad news: I forgot we were supposed to meet in front of the bank, and so we both waited on opposite ends of the building for the other person/people to show up!
Good news: The landlord was gracious about it and rescheduled for Friday. We are now anxiously looking forward to the day we can move in! Convalescing, meanwhile...
Take care,
-PKBD
2 comments:
I was wondering if you had been able to meet the landlord and how the whole yucky sickness was going - hoping it was gone . . . Thanks again for the update!! God is good. :) Naomi
Okay, this is the official clincher: I've got to make Dudes in Geneva a regular read -- not just because you're married to the best and cutest lady in the world, Phil! -- but also because the prose is so highly entertaining...!
I do love the titles -- "The Seventh Bag" made me howl -- also the image of Kirk bleating Youunighted! -- and the way you make entertainment from true difficulties.
You are all in my prayers, certainly, as this is yet Another Big Week in your lives...I hate moving. I hate it with a special hate. And I don't even have a flu-ridden child on my hands, such as yourselves!
I hope you two can stay healthy, Ben gets better, and that you aren't subjected to any potential Vogon-like bureaucratic BS in the whole process.
Lots of love and thanks for the great blogging, Kristen
Post a Comment